Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread Recipe
"for a variation, try other cheeses such as shredded cheddar or a blend of cheddar, Swiss and Co-Jack," suggests Linda Lundmark of Martinton, Illinois.
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the cheeses. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 slice: 141 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC