Herb-Cheese Yeast Bread
"for a variation, try other cheeses such as shredded cheddar or a blend of cheddar, Swiss and Co-Jack," suggests Linda Lundmark of Martinton, Illinois.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (2 pounds)
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the cheeses.