Herb Cheese Spread
"I have a friend who runs a greenhouse and holds a spring tea showcasing herbs and recipes that use them," says Josie Smith of Winamac, Indiana. "This cheese spread is a favorite." Josie spreads the herbed on assorted crackers and breads to make a crowd-pleasing appetizer
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and chives
- 1/2 teaspoon each chopped fresh oregano, dill and garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted crackers or bread
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, herbs and salt until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve on crackers or bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 41 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Spread in Light & Tasty April/May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.