Herb Buttermilk Dinner Rolls Recipe
When I couldn't find a recipe for dinner rolls, I created my own using a variety of herbs for extra flavor. —Sue Friesen, Thorold, Ontario
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add buttermilk, 2 tablespoons butter and the next seven ingredients. Stir in 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough, which will be sticky.
- 2. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 75 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Divide each portion into six pieces; shape each piece into a ball. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake rolls until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush with remaining butter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 78 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Herb Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC