Herb Bread comes from Debbie Carlson of San Diego, California. "This bread is especially nice for a no-fuss meal," remarks Debbie, who go the favorite family recipe from her mother.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf sourdough or French bread, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread on one side of each bread slice; wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Originally published as Herb Bread in Taste of Home June/July 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.