Herb-Beer Bread Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. glass jar. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 3 cups).
- To prepare bread: Transfer bread mix to a large bowl. Stir in beer just until moistened. Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush with butter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 98 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Apr 29, 2014
This recipee saved the day. I ran out of bread and didn't have time for a trip to the store before making my husbands lunch. It was a hit!
Mar 23, 2014
This bread is moist and flavorful, as well as simple to make. I wouldn't change a thing. I made it go with Cheeseburger Soup for supper, and they went really well together.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.