This nicely seasoned turkey breast from our Test Kitchen is a great accompaniment to goose at Thanksgiving. Or prepare it throughout the year for a delicious dinner on its own.
Recommended: 25 Juicy, Golden Holiday Turkey Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, salt, sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper and allspice. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast.
- Spread half of the brown sugar mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Spread the remaining brown sugar mixture over the skin.
- Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil. Place turkey breast side up on a rack in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Herb 'n' Spice Turkey Breast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p118
Reviews forHerb 'n' Spice Turkey Breast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review