Heirloom Tomato Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal, divided
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Sprinkle a large baking sheet with 1 teaspoon cornmeal.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. circle; transfer to prepared pan. Spritz dough with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cornmeal, pressing cornmeal gently into dough. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Layer with tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Top with goat cheese; garnish with basil if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 236 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2014
Made this also for a party. It was wonderful ! Every one agreed !
Jul 13, 2011
Made two tarts for summer party-all disappeared in 10 min -everyone loved it-guests wanted more-no more crusts-so sliced tomatoes in bowels in wedges -dressed same way-served with corn bread fritters-also added a little fresh dill to topping.Yummy and beautiful-thanks so much for recipe.