Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cut-up heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Place tomatoes, spinach and onion in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with salad. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Heirloom Tomato Salad
"I made this over the summer with garden fresh tomatoes is good. It made a good amount. It was better fresh than leftover so I may cut in half next time. Also, it took me a few times to get this made as I kept on overlooking the 2 hr prep time."