My daughter created this recipe after she tried this dessert at a restaurant in England, where she is currently stationed in the US Air Force. She asked for the recipe but they refused to share. The delight in this special sundae is the surprise at the bottom of the dish.
Recommended: 23 Amazing No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon for topping; divide remaining mixture between two dessert dishes. Top with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel and hot fudge toppings and sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Heavenly Ice Cream Dream in Reminisce Extra May 2008, p53