- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gently mix in vinegar to moisten. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan. Place 1 pint of blueberries over crust. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over blueberries. Bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange and press remaining berries in a single layer over top. Cool. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forHeavenly Blueberry Tart
"Best blueberry Tart ever according to my husband...this is now his new birthday cake request!! Used blueberries freshly picked from our garden!"
"healthy and tasty! All liked it!"
"Very easy to make. I made this for the 4th of July. Just delicious!! I reduced to cooking time about 10 minutes. I plan to make this again."