Heavenly Baked Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple cider, maple syrup, butter and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup and syrupy, about 20 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and cloves; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Layer half of the potatoes, apples and pineapple in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt. Pour reduced liquid over top. Cover and bake 40 minutes or just until tender.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 13-18 minutes longer or until potatoes and apples are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 231 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 28, 2012
Made this for a family dinner, DELICIOUS and very little leftovers. Matched well with the slow-cooked ribs. Highly recommended!
Oct 19, 2012
omitted the salt, didn't have nuts. very good.