- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the cream and vanilla. In a blender or food processor, process oats until finely ground. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forHearty Whole Wheat Cookies
"This is an absolute favorite of mine. I love the hearty texture of the cookies and the fact that, even though they are cookies, at least they have the whole wheat, oatmeal, and nuts that are good for us! They are more filling, so I find that I do not eat as many even though they are delicious. We prefer walnuts or pecans instead of peanuts."