Hearty Whole Wheat Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the cream and vanilla.
- In a blender or food processor, process oats until finely ground. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 233 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 11, 2011
This is an absolute favorite of mine. I love the hearty texture of the cookies and the fact that, even though they are cookies, at least they have the whole wheat, oatmeal, and nuts that are good for us! They are more filling, so I find that I do not eat as many even though they are delicious. We prefer walnuts or pecans instead of peanuts.