Hearty White Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the beans, soup, milk, chilies, garlic and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with cheese and jalapenos if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 333 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2011
fantastic!!! Tried it once loved it and have made it several times since. Made it for a chili cookoff for a group of national guard soldiers they loved it.
Mar 3, 2010
It was good, but because it's fairly thick, it goes better paired with something else than as a stand-alone meal.