Hearty Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
From Highland, Utah, Micki Sannar writes, “This vegetarian delight is not only healthy, it tastes great, too. Any way you slice it, this is one refreshing, flavor-filled sandwich!”
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. Spread mayonnaise and mustard over two slices of bread; layer with the cheese, onion, olives, tomato and avocado. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Drizzle each sandwich with 1 tablespoon of dressing. Top with lettuce. Drizzle remaining dressing over remaining bread; place over sandwiches. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 479 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1259mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 10g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Veggie Sandwiches
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2014
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC