Hearty Vegetable Hamburger Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- In a small saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, carrot and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the V8 juice, corn, peas, mushrooms, zucchini, basil and pepper. Simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Add macaroni; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Mar 1, 2015
Very good recipe. Quick, inexpensive and not a lot of ingredients. I did have to add some spices because it is very bland. Also, I used a can of tomato sauce with the v8 juice. I tripled the recipe and my husband loved it! Will definitely make this soup again.
Feb 6, 2013
This was very bland not taste at all I added a can of tomatoes, some more beef broth, salt and some other seasoning. Then it was ok but not great.
Jan 31, 2013
This is my favorite go to recipe.
Oct 5, 2011
Great soup. Used spicy V-8 juice and shredded carrots. Triple-doubled that receipe and served at our church's soup supper. Was a big hit!
Oct 5, 2011
Love this soup. So easy. I used Spicy V-8 juice and shredded carrots. Even triple- doubled it for soup supper at church. It was a big hit!