VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced turnips
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced parsnips
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 package (12 ounces) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. glass baking dish, layer the first six vegetables in order given, seasoning with salt and pepper between layers. Drain beans, reserving liquid; set liquid aside.
- Place beans over cabbage; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion. Brown the sausage; drain. Place over onion. Combine soup and bean liquid; pour over sausage.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Turn sausage over; bake, uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Vegetable Casserole in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p47