Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- 1. Shred beef with two forks; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended and pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups: 238 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup
"We had this delicious soup tonight and declare it a winner. Super easy to prepare, it goes together fast. I used a package of Hormel roast beef. The only change I made was to use small macaroni instead of small penne pasta since I did not have any. Worked just fine. We will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"It was easy and delicious"
"Very good and super easy!"
"This recipe is really good. However, I do not use the noodles. I also double the meat and vegetables because I have a large family. I make this all of the time, and my family loves it!"
"I make this soup for my family every couple of weeks!"
"Super easy, but sort of bland. Needs more spice."