- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 5-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- Shred beef with two forks; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, vegetables, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended and pasta is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forHearty Vegetable Beef Soup
"We had this delicious soup tonight and declare it a winner. Super easy to prepare, it goes together fast. I used a package of Hormel roast beef. The only change I made was to use small macaroni instead of small penne pasta since I did not have any. Worked just fine. We will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"It was easy and delicious"
"Very good and super easy!"
"This recipe is really good. However, I do not use the noodles. I also double the meat and vegetables because I have a large family. I make this all of the time, and my family loves it!"
"I make this soup for my family every couple of weeks!"