Hearty Turkey ‘n’ Rice Soup
Use the leftover cooked turkey in the fridge to speed up dinner. You'll be ladling up bowlfuls of goodness in only 30 minutes. —Maggie Brewer, Canandaigua, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 3/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in broth, cheese, turkey, rice, bouillon, celery salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
Originally published as Hearty Turkey 'n' Rice Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016