- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 celery rib with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, tuna, zucchini, sour cream, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, thyme and salt.
- Spoon half into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with tomato.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Tuna Casserole
"This is the healthiest tuna casserole that I've ever made. I substituted grated carrot for the zucchini and added some chopped fresh spinach. It was delicious."
"I made this for my husband and I and he really like it. I like the fact it had zucchini, I have not seen that before and really appreciated that. I would definitely make this again."
"glad to see a healthy version of this classic..used Hellman's Balsamic Mayo and Dijon mustard in it and it really was much better tasting while still keeping calories under control."
"I cut the recipe in half. I used pasta shells instead of noodles, chopped fresh spinach instead of zucchini, added chopped mushrooms, chopped red bell pepper. Since I cut the sauce ingredients in half I was afraid it would be dry so I poured 1/4 cup chicken broth over the whole dish before I baked it. I didn't layer the cheese. I waited until the casserole was cooked through and then added 1/4 cheese on top and let it melt. Turned out really tasty. Would definitely make again."
"I like the idea of adding zucchini to this recipe to add some veggies to the dish...it was very tasty... we enjoyed it. I served it w/a baked tomato dish."