Hearty Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes10-12 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 3 uncooked Italian sausage links (1/2 to 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces; brown in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Drain. Add the water, tomatoes, soup, coleslaw mix and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; add tortellini. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteBroccoli coleslaw mix may be found in the produce section of most grocery stores.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 184 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2010
This was by far the best soup recipe I came across last year. My teenagers and husband say it is their favorite soup ever!! Definitely a family favorite at my house!!