Hearty Tomato-Zucchini Pasta
The hearty taste of fresh ingredients makes this delicious as any you'll find in a fancy restaurant. I'm sure your family will love it as much as mine does!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled fresh tomatoes
- 4 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and zucchini; saute until tender. Add basil, seasoning blend and pepper. Serve over hot pasta.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Tomato/Zucchini Pasta Supper in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition