The hearty taste of fresh ingredients makes this delicious as any you'll find in a fancy restaurant. I'm sure your family will love it as much as mine does!
Recommended: 30 Fresh Ways to Use Up Zucchini
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled fresh tomatoes
- 4 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and zucchini; saute until tender. Add basil, seasoning blend and pepper. Serve over hot pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato/Zucchini Pasta Supper in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p216