Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Drain bulgur and squeeze dry; cool completely. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 17, 2012
This has become a real favorite. Works well as an appetizer or as a side dish. Kalamata olives instead of plain black olives give it an extra spark.
Jul 17, 2011
This is so yummy. Because of all the added ingredients from more traditional tabbouleh, would consider this more as a side salad than something to scoop with pita bread. Cool and refreshing for summer as well as healthy and tasty. Don't hestitate to try this.