Field editor Julia Livingston of Frostproof, Florida sent the recipe for this spaghetti that feeds a crowd. For easy transport, assemble pasta and sauce in an insulated carrier.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes25 servings (about 3/4 cup meat sauce with 3/4 cup spaghetti)
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 5 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 8 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 4 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- In two large Dutch ovens or soup kettles, cook the beef, onions and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Serve with meat sauce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 458 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1348mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti for 50 in Taste of Home June/July 2005