- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the beans, spinach and macaroni. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 7 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews forHearty Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
"One of our family favorites! I make as is, and then add about 1/4 cup chicken broth to each bowl before serving as it does get very thick."
"We thoroughly enjoyed this one! Next time I'll substitute the pepperoni for spicy Italian sausage (just for variety), but it's still very good as is."
"Unfortunately, we were very disappointed in this soup. The onions nor carrots were tender after 7 hours on low plus 30 minutes on high. Surprisingly, it lacked flavor. I omitted the pasta as it was already so thick after adding 1.5 cans of kidney beans. Not a keeper for us; use your own judgment based on the other reviews. This is my go-to website for recipes and I'm very, very seldom disappointed."
"I would add a little more moisture-water or broth. I substituted vegetable broth for chicken granules & add water to = 2c."
"Almost thought I was at Olive Garden!"
"This was a great recipe! My husband and I loved it and I look forward to making it again."
"This turned out great! I think I did add too many noodles though but I added an extra can of tomatoe sauce and a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes and it turned out perfect!"
"I made this just last weekend and we all LOVED it! This- will become a family favorite, and next time, I'll add a little tomato juice to make it more tomato-y.You need to make this soup!"