Hearty Scrambled Eggs
This hearty breakfast dish includes classic omelet ingredients in a fun egg scramble that's so quick to whip up! The eggs pick up plenty of flavor from the mushrooms, onion and cheese. To shave minutes off the prep time, I keep diced ham in the freezer. —Carole Anhalt Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add ham, cheese, mushrooms and onion. Melt butter in a skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 310 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 467mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Scrambled Eggs in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Sep 21, 2011
i like it but needs alittle work.
Mar 20, 2011
This was easy and great for company.
Jan 17, 2010
EXCELLENT!! I sauteed the mushrooms and onions then added the ham then the eggs with cheese. The flavors worked so well together. A very filling breakfast.