My family devours this every time I make it. With so few ingredients, it couldn’t be simpler! The rich, hearty sausage and spinach combination is wonderful for brunch, but I often serve it with a salad at suppertime. —Judy Learned, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll dough and pat into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle the sausage, cheddar cheese and spinach lengthwise down the center of the dough. Bring edges of dough to the center over filling; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p37
Reviews forHearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2012
"loved this recipe. I've made similar recipes, but none that are as simple and still quite delicious."