Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf
My family devours this every time I make it. With so few ingredients, it couldn’t be simpler! The rich, hearty sausage and spinach combination is wonderful for brunch, but I often serve it with a salad at suppertime. —Judy Learned, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll dough and pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle the sausage, cheddar cheese and spinach lengthwise down the center of the dough. Bring edges of dough to the center over filling; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without pizza sauce): 405 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Bread in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012