Hearty Sausage-Stuffed Loaf
My family devours this every time I make it. With so few ingredients, it couldn’t be simpler! The rich, hearty sausage and spinach combination is wonderful for brunch, but I often serve it with a salad at suppertime. —Judy Learned, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pizza sauce, optional
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Unroll dough and pat into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle the sausage, cheddar cheese and spinach lengthwise down the center of the dough. Bring edges of dough to the center over filling; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without pizza sauce): 405 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Bread in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.