Finding fun and different breakfast recipes is a real challenge, so I was happy when I stumbled upon this one! Your family and friends will love the meal-in-one appeal of this breakfast loaf.
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Allow dough to rise until nearly doubled. Meanwhile, brown sausage with garlic and fennel seed in a skillet. Drain and cool. Add eggs and cheeses; mix well. Punch dough down and roll each loaf into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place half of the sausage mixture on each rectangle, spreading to within 1 in. of edges. Roll jelly-roll style, starting at the narrow end. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes. Brush with melted butter while warm. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Sausage Loaf in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p59
Reviews forHearty Sausage Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review