Hearty Sausage and Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until almost tender, about 12-15 minutes. Add beans; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute sausage until lightly browned. Add the oil, seasonings and potato mixture; stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 374 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1034mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2013
The recipe was certainly easy, and the resulting dish was very tasty. I don't think I would give it an "excellent" rating, but it was very good. I think another time I would use a bit more of the Creole or Cajun seasoning -- perhaps a teaspoon and a half total. And it needed a bit more salt, too. I added about a half cup of frozen red and green pepper strips, for more color and flavor. It was quick, easy and hearty and I would definitely make this again.