- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until almost tender, about 12-15 minutes. Add beans; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute sausage until lightly browned. Add the oil, seasonings and potato mixture; stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forHearty Sausage and Potatoes
"The recipe was certainly easy, and the resulting dish was very tasty. I don't think I would give it an "excellent" rating, but it was very good. I think another time I would use a bit more of the Creole or Cajun seasoning -- perhaps a teaspoon and a half total. And it needed a bit more salt, too. I added about a half cup of frozen red and green pepper strips, for more color and flavor. It was quick, easy and hearty and I would definitely make this again."