Hearty Potato Omelet
I put this together years ago when me kids were small. It was delicious, economical and nutritious. Now they make it for their own families.—Elsie Norton, Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add Tater Tots and break apart with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and water; add to skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spoon cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 403 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 463mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Potato Omelet in Country Woman March/April 2003
Apr 25, 2013
So easy, so tasty! Used to make this for my kids years ago. You can use a microwaved or baked potato in place of tater tots and sliced ham for bacon. Needs a picture to inspire people to try this..it's great!