Hearty Potato Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, seasonings, water and mushrooms; mix well. Pour half into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with potatoes. Pour remaining sauce over potatoes. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 18, 2014
We are more meat and potatoes eaters than pasta lovers, so we enjoyed this dish. Works better if potatoes are very thinly sliced, I also salted my potatoes a little before adding.
Sep 30, 2011
Baked for an hour and a half and the potatoes did not all soften. Next time I'd boil them a little first.