Hearty Portobello Linguine Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 pound), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, olives and Greek seasoning; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 2. Drain linguine; add to pan and toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 422 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Portobello Linguine
"This was good. I did not have greek seasonings or greek olives. I used italian seasonings and Italian oil cured olives. Also used cheese I had on hand. Thanks."
"This was quite good. I did not have Greek spices or greek olives or the cheese listed. Used Italian spices, Italian oil cured olives and cheese that I had on hand. Thanks."
"This was delicious!"
"I halved the recipe for the two of us. I used olive oil cooking spray to save calories. I didn't have greek olives so I used oil cured black olives and instead of all feta cheese..I used a mix of feta and Italian. This was really delicious and quick."
"When I made this recipe as written and although it was good I found it had way too much oil for my tastes. Next time I will use 1/2 the amount if oil and whole wheat linguine. Thank you for sharing your recipe."
"We LOVED it! It was healthy and delicious. Smelled terrific while it was cooking. Husband had seconds. It was very easy to make. I could totally do this on a weeknight! I used whole wheat linguine to make it even more healthy and the mushrooms are hearty enough to stand up to the thicker pasta! This recipe is going into the rotation! Thanks!"