- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve in bowls over noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHearty Pork Stew
"Very good and easy to make."
"This was ok. I think maybe I added too much celery seed to it though. I could not find celery flakes at my grocery store. I may make it again but use less celery seed and use stewed tomatoes without celery."
"I loved this!"