Hearty Pork Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve in bowls with noodles. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 176 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 25, 2011
Very good and easy to make.
Nov 22, 2009
This was ok. I think maybe I added too much celery seed to it though. I could not find celery flakes at my grocery store. I may make it again but use less celery seed and use stewed tomatoes without celery.
Feb 22, 2009
I loved this!
Nov 20, 2008
I started out to make beef stew, and accidently browned the pork instead. So, I pulled out this recipe. Boy am I glad I did! This is fantastic. Serve over the noodles, or rice is just as good.Tami Mallare
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.