Hearty Pork N Beans
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes8 main-dish servings or 12 side-dish servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 485 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1757mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 29, 2017
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS...how can you go wrong with some French bread and you are DONE!!! ALWAYS take to potlucks at church= bowl home EMPTY!!! :-) Have made MANY times!!!
Jul 21, 2011
I have made this recipe as is for dinner, but have also adapted it to make a large amount on several occasions. I am asked to bring this to nearly every event we attend during the summer months and have shared the recipe with many others.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.