Hearty Pork and Beans
This unusual recipe with apple and onion piqued my interest when I found it. It's since become a family favorite.—Anita Buzbee, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- Crumble beef into an ungreased shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add apple and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes, stirring once; drain. Stir in the pork and beans, bacon, barbecue sauce and molasses. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with chips.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Hearty Pork 'N' Beans in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips