- 1 package (4 ounces) beef jerky
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 2-rib sections
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, thinly sliced green onions, pickled jalapenos and chopped tomatoes
- Place beef jerky in a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; top with jerky, beans, broth, onion, bacon, garlic and pepper flakes. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Strain pork mixture; discard juices. Serve with chips and toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled shredded meat mixture with juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Strain pork mixture; discard juices. Serve with chips and toppings as desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forHearty Pork & Black Bean Nachos
"I made this last evening with only a few minor changes that I hope didn't drastically change the flavor profile. I didn't have jerky so I left it out and added a touch of Worcestershire sauce to make up for it. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. The flavor was good but my family preferred less of the beans. I will make it again but only use two cans of the black beans instead of four. This is an easy, different take on nachos. Try it you won't be disappointed"
"This recipe was very intriguing to me but we LOVE any type of nachos. This didn't disappoint! It is loaded with flavor and very filling. Honestly, I think you could skip the jerky if you wanted but overall it was a great recipe!"