Hearty Pita Spinach Salad
Greek flavors combine in perfect harmony for a main dish you won’t be able to stop munching. Serve this with a tall glass of lemonade or iced tea and enjoy it alfresco some summer night. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut pita breads into strips; arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and pepper; brush over pita strips. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Arrange spinach on a serving platter; top with tomatoes, cheese, olives, onion and beef mixture. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salad. Serve immediately with toasted pita strips.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 662 calories, 49g fat (12g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1744mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.