Hearty Pasta Salad
When made with tricolor pasta, this is a colorful---and tasty---salad to take to any summer gathering.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup cubed pastrami, cooked turkey or roast beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pastrami, carrot, celery and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add to the pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 535 calories, 36g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Pasta Salad in Country June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.