Hearty Open-Faced Sandwiches
With 3 types of meat and two bold sauces, these sandwiches pack a flavorful punch. And since there's no chopping-only stacking-they come together in a snap.—Beverly McClure of Ames, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 English muffins, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Arrange muffin halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over muffin halves. Spread with salad dressing. Layer with bacon, pastrami, ham, horseradish and cheese; sprinkle with dill.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with pickles if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 313 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Smokey Mountains in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008