With 3 types of meat and two bold sauces, these sandwiches pack a flavorful punch. And since there's no chopping-only stacking-they come together in a snap.—Beverly McClure of Ames, Iowa
Recommended: 30 Beef Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 English muffins, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- Arrange muffin halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over muffin halves. Spread with salad dressing. Layer with bacon, pastrami, ham, horseradish and cheese; sprinkle with dill.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with pickles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Open-Faced Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p49