Hearty Mushroom Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; set mushrooms aside. Add enough milk to mushroom liquid to measure 1/2 cup. In a bowl, combine the mushroom liquid, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, pepper and mushrooms. Crumble beef over the mixture; sprinkle bread crumbs over beef and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour; drain. Combine ketchup and corn syrup; spoon over loaf. Bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 243 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2009
My son, Greg, in AZ tried it first and thought it was delicious, so he passed the recipe on to me. My husband and I both thought it was wonderful and ....I thought it extremely easy to prepare:) Robin H.