Hearty Morning Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 medium ripe ripe banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the carrots, apricots, sunflower kernels, coconut and chocolate chips. Stir in the banana. Beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into carrot mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 4, 2013
I agree that there certainly needs less oil, but the flavor is fantastic and they are super moist
Jun 26, 2009
Make this over. Take out 1 egg, 1/3 the sugar, half the oil and all the sunflower nuts and coconut for healthier choices and use bittersweet chips & fresh grind the wheat flour oe add wheat germ.