Hearty Morning Glory Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups grated peeled apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples, raisins, coconut, carrots and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 283 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 1, 2011
Delicious!! I've been using this recipe (with minor changes) for years. It is always requested when I cater to groups who meet in the mornings. I've cut back successfully on the amount of oil by using 1 + 1/2 cups applesauce and 1/2 cup of oil. My recipe calls for 2 grated apples and 4 cups grated raw carrots.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.