Hearty Mexican Omelet
Hearty enough for brunch, lunch or even dinner, this tasty omelet from our Test Kitchen boasts tangy Southwest appeal.
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 corn tortilla (6 inches), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the avocado, sour cream, chilies, onion, lemon juice, salt if desired, pepper and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a 10-in. nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add tortilla pieces; cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, whisk eggs. Add eggs to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon avocado mixture over one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling.
- 4. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired.
1/2 each: 608 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 47g protein.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC